Friday, June 28, 2013

White House Down Movie Review

      It's been a while since I wrote last. Sorry about that. I was trying to finish a "project" by the end of June.... all I can say about that write now is that at least I made some progress.... I guess I can tell you about that, but maybe later...
      For this post, I would like to share a new movie that just came out today. It is called White House Down, with Channing Tatum and Jamie Fox. First I will tell you what it was about, and then I will provide a review by someone in cyberspace who saw it and then wrote a review. Yes, I know that I should be doing these things for myself, but I didn't have the time this week. So I am borrowing the work of others.... So this is how the story goes: Capitol Policeman John Cale has just been denied his dream job with the Secret Service of protecting President James Sawyer. Not wanting to let down his little girl with the news, he takes her on a tour of the White House, when the complex is overtaken by a heavily armed paramilitary group. Now, with the nation's government falling into chaos and time running out, it's up to Cale to save the president, his daughter, and the country.      For such a well-acted movie, I was surprised to find that many of the initial reviewers thought so poorly of it. But I did find someone who had something positive to share...After taking a short detour into the realm of speculative costume drama with 2011's Anonymous, director Roland Emmerich is back to doing what he does best: dealing out copious amounts of punishment to 1600 Penn. After all, he blew it to smithereens with an alien death ray in Independence Day and smashed an aircraft carrier into its south portico in 2012. It seemed inevitable that the maven of large-scale cinematic destruction would eventually make a film centering on the D.C. landmark. I just watched the movie this afternoon, and I enjoyed it. AND I think you might also. If you take me up on the recommendation, let me know what you thought... Til next time, cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment