Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Olympus Has Fallen Movie Review

When the White House (Secret Service Code: "Olympus") is captured by a terrorist mastermind and the President is kidnapped, disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped within the building. As our national security team scrambles to respond, they are forced to rely on Banning's inside knowledge to help retake the White House, save the President and avert an even bigger disaster. (Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman)

Gerard Butler….ahhh…whatta hunka burnin’ luv….  Okay, well… that’s enough of that (as I blink and shake my head furtively)…  I guess it is safe to say that Gerard Butler has proven himself in the romantic comedy arena, what with P.S. I Love You, Bounty Hunter, and the Ugly Truth. But I didn’t see this new side of him – the hunky action hero – until I was watching him ride the massive waves off Hawaiin shores. That’s right, folks, I am referring to the action flick, Chasing Mavericks. And then there was Joel Schumacher’s Phantom of the Opera. His role as the main character (the Phantom) brought his versatility to light in this period horror movie.

He started picking up momentum in the action hero role in movies like 300 and Boewulf and Grendel. But his role in this movie seemed to be the most engaging yet. I mean, who can resist a single father who has fallen from grace and  just wants to reconnect with his only daughter?

No comments:

Post a Comment