Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Good morning! And welcome! It has taken me a while to post this entry because I was trying to decide how to write it. I started this blog at the beginning of July (2012) to share my passions for writing and cultural anthropology. Cultural anthropology, you ask? Yes…the study of cultural variations in humans who live in different parts of the world, including their beliefs, values, customs, traditions, and other social and cognitive constructs. As I approach the subject, I will write about places I’ve lived, people I've met, possible tourist destinations, intercultural comparisons, American subcultures, cultural identities as portrayed by Hollywood, popular personalities from all walks of life, and the like. If you are interested in such things, return often and add to your own cultural treasure trove. Or, if you are more outgoing, post a comment. If you present a question, I will do my best to answer you. In any case, we will both grow from the experience…. Until next time, have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment